Wednesday, May 24, 2006

post 270. morning writing.

10 minutes of nonstop typing:

Having trouble with the seismograph, I went outside to find out if the material transponder had been awakene by that damnable dog that was the neighborhood scourge. I mean, really. There are dosgs in this world that I can tolerate, but one that destyroys scientific processes? That’s alittle to much for me to take. So I went out side and wouldn’;t you know it, dog oprints in the dirt outside the transponder. I investigated and founfd the part of the fence where he obviously was getting in. I went inside and got somoe duct tape to fix the broken fence. When I returned outsde, I saw the dog stainding at the transponder . he was working on it. Bad dog! Was the first thing I could think of, although I was inordinately shocked at the scene. The dog had a rudimentary tool belt around his waist and I couldn’t make out any of the instruments he had. Was it a dog-sort of sy? Was is someone from fergeson’s lab trying to undermine my work? I instantly ran after him, who got down on all fours and escapes dthrough the hole in the fence. I looked at the duct tape. Obviously, this tape wouldn’t be enough o stop an animal so smart. I called ferguson’s lab. Have you been sending a og to undermine my research, I yeklleed into the phone. No, I haven’t, he byelled, have you beenb messing with the pizza place to continually screw up my lunch orders? No, I hevant;t I yelled, and was about to hang up the hone with enough force to hopefully convey to ferguson that I wasn’t over our long-winded and long-standing relationship, when I heard his voioce stammer. Who are you? I heard him say, the I heard him yell out, “no! no, bad dog! Bad dog!! Ahhhhh!!!!!” and then the cracking of the receiver oin the floor, that beautiful parquay floor that I had known so well when ferguson and I were lab mates…ferguson! Ferguson! I yelled, are you there! Answer the phone, you lame-braoned idiot! Then a clatter and the sound of breathing. The sound of…panting. Hello, dr townsend. Who is this? What have you done to dr. ferguson? He has been removed from this laboratory. Who are you, I asked. Someone who is going to detroy all the research you two have been trying to accomplish. Funny- you could have found what it was you were looking for, but your rivalry has set yo both on paths that could have never – I’m speaking scientifically – converged to save those you weer trying to help. And I’m going to make sure that it never happens. Who are you, I yelled. Why, terry, the voice said, don’t you remember your favorite Labrador retriever? Magnus, I said, shocked, and dropped the phone. In the distance, outside by the transponder, I heard barking in the distance.