Wednesday, February 22, 2006

post 208. victory over horseshit.

call me a terrible, terrible sell out. scissorfight's victory over horseshit (the album's artwork claims it to be "recorded in stereo fuck-o-phonic sound.") is the first album i've bought through itunes. yes, i still work at a record store. yes, i get 25% off. no, i didn't get any liner notes. whatever. i didn't feel like waiting around to get the latest from one of my favorite bands. i downloaded it -- cheap -- and listened to it on my way out to brockport. my first thought? "ehh. whatever. " i have to admit that the worries about having your ipod's volume too loud -- god, i'm selling out all over the place -- had the album, admittedly, as background music to my morning drive. but then i listened to it again, and again and yet again today at appropriate rock levels, and here we are, about fifteen hours later and the songs have snaked into my brain. suddenly, out on the town this evening, i couldn't wait to get back to my itunes and hear "rules are different for dead men" (a true scissorfight classic), the nashville pussy-esque "86 sucker," the signature breakdown of the title track (and that sweet little guitar solo). another tight little ep of scissorfight lagniappe.